Artificial intelligence (AI) is taking a shape and natural language processing (NLP) is the core component. There are efforts throughout the world to conduct NLP for Ethiopian languages but without a formal communication among researchers. At COLING 2018, Santa Fe, USA, three researchers from Addis Ababa University (Binyam), University of Hamburg (Seid), and University of Trento (Surafel) took an initiative to create a formal NLP society for Ethiopian language NLP research.
- Bringing the NLP community working on Ethiopian languages together.
- In the long run organizing workshops, conferences, seminars on relevant topics that are related to Ethiopian languages.
- Serving as a platform to coordinate and manage research papers and resources that are focused on Ethiopian languages.
- Supporting, mentoring and collaborating with University students on NLP research areas .
- Setting goals, priorities, and tracks on Ethiopian language NLP.
Follow us on Twitter: EthioNLP-Twitter
Follow us on Facebook: EthioNLP-Facebook
Share us your thoughts and questions on: EthioNLP-GoogleGroups